Saturday, November 10, 2012

weeks 8 & 9: tricks and treats

Sorry for being behind on this.  I was going to say I have been super busy, but really, that's a lie.  I've just been lazy, ha ha.

It has been a difficult 2 weeks.  I've had treats in my house and am constantly cheating.  I'll do well during the day, but at night I begin to graze and snack on things I shouldn't be eating, and I don't bother tracking those items.  Luckily, now, all of the candy is gone, and just yesterday I took the remaining Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream that I have been eating almost every night for the past week and dumped it down the sink.  It's too much of a temptation and I can't have it in the house.  That's been the biggest epiphany these past two weeks: I can't handle temptation.  If it's in my house, I WILL eat it.  So, two big lessons learned these past two weeks:

1) Cheating only hurts me.  I'ts not like I'm fooling anyone.
2) If I allow junk in my house, I will eat it.  So no junk.

As for the rest of this post, I thought I'd give my results of the past two weeks and then do a little "What's Been On My Plate" series of some of my more healthier choices.  I left pictures the of ice cream and candy out, ha ha.  So here are my results:


Week 8
Start weight: 190.7lbs
Goal weight: 155lbs
Last week's weigh in: 174lbs
Friday's weigh in: 172.8lbs
Pounds to goal weight: 17.8lbs

Week 9

Start weight: 190.7lbs
Goal weight: 155lbs
Last week's weigh in: 172.8lbs
Saturday's weigh in: 172.6lbs (weighed in a day late)
Pounds to goal weight: 17.6lbs

While I still lost, week 9's loss was almost negligible, but still a lost technically.  I'm trying to step up my game so my weight loss is pounds, not ounces.  More healthy choices, less junk!

Alright, here is my "What's Been On My Plate" section.  Not every meal is picture worthy, but these are a few that I felt were good, healthy options:

Spinach, onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, basil and
crumbled veggie sausage over egg whites.

Egg whites with sauteed spinach and onions, veggie
sausage and fruit.

Spaghetti squash with marinara.

Green smoothie with spinach, kale, blueberries, 
banana, raspberries and greek yogurt.

Egg whites with sauteed spinach and onions, with left
over roasted veggies from the night before, fruit and
green tea.

Tuna salad with low fat mayo over a bed of lettuce,
cucumber on a whole wheat tortilla.

Here is a snapshot of my progress!




1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! Good to have ideas for healthy options. And I love pumpkin spice ice cream! I can see why you had to get rid of it. Do you buy egg whites or do you separate the eggs yourself? Just curious. You have done an awesome job even if you didn't lose as much as you would have liked. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete