Saturday, May 5, 2012

meet mama frenchy

For a while, a few of my faithful Facebook followers have been telling me I should write a blog.  To be honest, I've thought about it myself, but haven't quite decided what it will be about.  I've salivated while reading blogs about delicious adventures in cooking like One Mad Housewife's blog.  I've laughed, cried and smiled while reading about art, family and the pursuit of international adoption over at groundswell.  And I have been encouraged and educated with my own breastfeeding and mommy-hood endeavors while reading about one woman's breastfeeding experience.  And don't even get me started on all the blogs I have encountered through Pinterest!  The fact of the matter is, there are lots of talented, creative and wonderful bloggers out there and I don't really know where I fit in this great big blogging world.

I could talk about what it's like being a SAHM (that's "stay at home mom" for all you non-blog-lingo savvy folk) to 2 wonderful kids.  Jacob and Jenna are my two cutie-patooties.  Jacob will be 3 in July, Jenna will be 1 in July.  Jacob is a sweet little guy, but definitely still a toddler striving for independence all while making me laugh on a daily basis.  He is such a great kid - the kind that makes you think, "Wow, this parenting stuff is a piece of cake!"  Then, there's my Jenna Bird.  She is my little fire cracker.  I can tell she is going to be all sorts of fun as she gets older.  And I'm serious - I think she is going to be one fun little individual!  She already has so much personality, and definitely knows what she wants and when she wants it.  She is suddenly realizing how amazing the world around her is and wants to experience EVERYTHING.  So, between Jacob discovering who he is outside of mommy and daddy, and Jenna exploring this brand new world with her new found mobility, I am one busy mama!

I could also gush about my wonderful husband.  I love this man so much.  He is definitely my best friend and the person who makes me laugh the most.  I could probably write books about the crazy, witty and occasionally usually inappropriate yet hilarious things that come out of his mouth.  We met in high school when we were 16 and bonded one summer night before our junior year of high school over funny stories and popping those little seed pods that grow on impatiens flowers.  We've pretty much been inseparable since.  In our nearly 13 years together (almost 8 years married), we have experienced a lot as a couple.  Some of it has been so amazing, some of it has been difficult, and some of it has been beyond hard.  But no matter what we face, good or bad, when we face it together, we always come out stronger.  We're not perfect, but we're perfect for each other and that's what matters.

OR... I could talk about myself and all of my random little adventures, like my 3 months 'poo free, or my attempts at all those fun things I find on Pinterest.  I mean... I think I'm pretty interesting.  At first glance you might peg me as a typical Southern Californian mom with a typical Southern Californian life (unless you're view of typical Southern Californian is something from the Real Housewives of Orange County).  I actually don't mind being viewed as "typical"... because that just means when you get to know me, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find out I'm not as typical as you may think.  I'm sure as I blog, you'll get to know my quirks, my passions, and my shortcomings, but here are a few random tid bits so you can start to get a picture of who I am.  I became a vegetarian (pescatarian to be exact) when I was 10.  I love Jesus.  I am a huge advocate of breast feeding.  And I have 3 very random but very real fears: clowns, balloons popping, and fish swimming in water within my proximity.  Interesting, eh?

The truth is... I don't know what this blog is going to be about.  It will probably encompass all of these subjects and so much more.  I can't guarantee that every post I make will contain something profound, but it will likely be slightly entertaining at worst.  Or it could be totally boring.  Well boring for you.  I won't write anything on here that I consider boring.  Ok, I'm babbling, but you get my point.  I hope.  Anyway, I am eager to see how this blog develops.

I'm Mama Frenchy, but feel free to call me Sarah.  Nice to meet you!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mama Frenchy! This is so cool,I can't wait to read your posts! I am sure you will have fun writing- you are really good at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky to be a member of your family. I know you have plenty of stories to write about.

    ReplyDelete